ScottGu has blogged about this over 9 months ago, but I had some trouble finding that blog again. So this is for my own memory: Optimizing C# Refactoring Performance with Web Projects in VS 2005.
When a Connection object throws an exception and tells you 'all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached', it usually has to do with bad code. Fixing it could however be a problem if you don't own the source code. In this article a quick and dirty workaround for this connection timeout problem is proposed.
A few months ago I wrote some code for a project I was working on. It was a class that wrapped a SqlTransaction and a SqlConnection object. I named it the “SqlTransactionWrapper”. This class made coding easier for my colleague with whom I was working at that time. Also, I no longer needed to type a lot of code over and over again. I now rewrote the class so it fits in the more generic approach given by ADO.NET 2.0. So behold: The DbTransactionWrapper!